Direct Primary Care (DPC) is an insurance-free model of practicing medicine with the ultimate focus placed on the singular most important relationship in today's healthcare - that between the patient and their physician.
Yes, it doesn't matter what insurance you carry (or don't carry) - I don't take any insurance. I take YOU!
It is how old fashioned physicians treated patients - you pay your doctor directly. It is a return to how medicine was meant to be practiced - without insurance companies inserting themselves into the exam room.
By directly contracting with Dr Urick, you pay a monthly amount (less than one already pays for a monthly cable bill or cell phone bill) and will have improved and unhindered access to preventive care, sick care, and ongoing chronic care management when it i convenient for you.
An insurance card doesn't guarantee unhurried visits, access to your physician after hours by private text and cell phone number. It doesn't guarantee same or next business day visits. It doesn't guarantee treatment via phone while on vacation. It's a card with no intrinsic value.
Patients have the option to contact their DPC doctor on the phone, via text, email or telemedicine - we have offered this at no additional cost long before COVID19 was a pandemic. The rest of the medical community just started to catch up to us.
Direct Primary Care is not your typical concierge medicine, where one pays $1650 annually, in addition to having one's insurance billed. This is blue collar concierge - affordable access to quality healthcare.
My Way Medical, named for Dr. Urick's favorite Frank Sinatra song, seeks to show patients that "My Way" is better than the insurance company's way, better than the fee for service system (which he has experienced firsthand), better than the status quo in today's healthcare system. Patients deserve better. You deserve better.
Contact us to learn more or to see if Dr. Urick's practice would be a good fit for you
Ready to join, or maybe not sure if "My Way" is right for you? Give me a chance to explain. When contacting us, remember Dr. Urick does it all - fields calls, responds to emails, treats patients and fills the medications. While he is with patients he does not answer his phone but asks that you leave a message.
NOTE: this form is NOT for Medical Cannabis patients. Please scroll to the bottom to be directed to that website
Feel free to review the Patient Agreement
Medical Record Release Form
- 7-10 minute visits because you are one of 20-25 patients being see that day
- A Practice with 2500-3000 patients
- Only available during work hours, long turn around time for return call
- A receptionist telling you “we can squeeze you in", or waiting several days or weeks to be seen
- Doctor glued to the computer screen during your exam.
- Not knowing which physician/PA/NP will be seeing you for sick visits
- Paying inflated insurance-dictated costs for labs/imaging studies
- Paying inflated prices for rushed visits at Convenient Care/Urgent Care
- Billing based on relative-value units (RVUs), which incentivize doctors to code office visits for maximum insurance reimbursement
- You don't know what you will owe until several weeks or months after the visit when you receive the bill
- 30-60 minute visits (or longer if needed), unhurried and thorough
- Practice limited to 500-600 patients
- Access to Dr. Urick through a private cell phone number
- Same or next business day appointments
- Undivided attention during your visits
- Always see your DPC physician who knows you and your health history
- Deeply discounted cash prices for lab testing and imaging (X-ray, CT scan, MRI)
- Rapid testing (strep, urine dip or flu testing) included in monthly fee
- Physician paid based on monthly fee and not billing insurance for visits - unlimited visits for no extra cost
- A relationship built on transparency - you know the cost for any outside testing upfront.
- NO INSURANCE - NO PROBLEM! We don't take insurance. We don't bill insurance.